Commercial signage fulfills several functions, including contributing to the image of the company. But it can also be used so that clients or future clients can identify the location of the business premises.
There are different types of commercial signs, including the Monument Sign and the Pylon Sign. Both provide benefits for business communication:
- They help the location of the company or business.
- They communicate the message or corporate identity that you want to convey.
- They indicate the entrance to the establishment.
- They highlight the name and visual identity of the company or business.
- On roads with intense car or pedestrian traffic, they attract the attention of future customers due to their characteristics.
- They can be personalized.
Our commercial signs company can tell you much more about it!
Which types of business signage is best for you
As we stated, there are two types of commercial signage widely used to indicate the location of businesses and companies, the Pylon Signs and the Monument Signs. Although they have similarities in terms of their benefits, they also have differences. For example: height. Monument Signs are no taller than 5 feet, while Pylon Signs can be several feet long. Therefore, they are distinguished in the distance.
On the other hand, the Monument Signs are better suited to residential environments, while the Pylon Signs are more appropriate for industrial areas, manufacturing plants or department stores. In any case, the choice between one and the other will depend fundamentally on the regulations current law for the area.
Advantages of a Pylon Sign
So, if your business or company is located in an industrial area or near the road, the ideal is to install a Pylon Sign. All the more reason, if it is a shopping center.
Some characteristics of this type of signage are:
- Due to their height, they can be seen at great distances.
- You can advertise to a single company or to several.
- It can be made of stone, brick, metal or aluminum.
- You can count on custom light box displays.
- Its height, size and shape can vary.
When to choose a Monumental Signage
Monument Signs are ideal for advertising a business or company in residential areas or where there are many similar businesses.
Its main characteristics are:
- Digital LED elements can be added to further highlight the message or company name.
- It is independent and is located at the height of the people’s eyes.
- It blends in with the surrounding landscape without altering it.
- They can be made of aluminum, masonry, bricks, metal.
- Metal or channel letters can be attached to Monument Signs for added effect.
Take note: legal aspects of commercial signage
Before planning the installation of a storefront sign, you should investigate what are the laws that regulate it in the area where you are going to place it.
To do this, you can start by looking at your city’s building codes and zoning rules, as well as what type of signage is allowed and whether permits are needed to install them.
In each area, a set of laws apply to a certain type of signage. Likewise, in cities like New York, unlit signs or those painted on the wall do not require any type of permit, although they must comply with local zoning regulations.
It should be remembered that US law prohibits most signs on federal highways. They also establish controls on the posting and maintenance of outdoor advertising signs, displays, and devices “to promote the safety and recreational value of public travel and preserve natural beauty.”
On the other hand, the law requires states to comply with its mandates and to develop their own standards for certain signs, eliminating those that do not comply with the law. If they do not comply with those provisions, they would face a reduction in the annual appropriation of federal funds for highways.
The work of a Sign Maker
Loyalty Signs was created with the goal of providing commercial sign solutions that meet customer needs but are friendly to the environment. We have highly trained personnel to help you with your commercial signage project through the design and manufacture of high-quality signs at affordable prices.
We accompany you from the first contact and carry out a personalized follow-up to provide you with the best product and service. If you are looking for a responsible and efficient sign company, do not hesitate to contact us today.
Below we tell you in detail what our work system is:
- We discuss the type of commercial signage with the client and define the best one for your business
- We visit the commercial premises to take measurements and have the necessary information for the construction of the marquee sign.
- We request the logos and names of the shop or business in editable files or we redesign them when necessary
- We prepare a mockup design for the client, in this way you will see how the sign will look installed in a virtual image.
- Once approved we start manufacturing it.
- We finish the work by performing the installation at the client’s location,
- We grant a guarantee for the electrical system of the front store sign
Where is the best exterior signage company near me
With Loyalty Signs we have become the leading manufacturer in South Florida, producing signs on a regional, national and international scale. We are committed to creating international quality products. To do this, we partner with the most reputable suppliers and manufacturers in the industry. We understand that signage is a significant investment, which is why we use certified equipment and premium sign manufacturing techniques. In this way, we create high-impact signs with the best quality so that you get incredible results by working hard with a special team as a family.
In this way we have earned the trust of many clients who keep coming back to us, feeling comfortable with our services and seeing great results at the end of each project.